Thursday, October 8, 2009

It's a girl

This entire story is based from the perspective of Kary, the dad and husband. Mommy is currently sitting in her hospital bed resting after all the work. Okay, so here is what happened.....
Wednesday, October 7th, 2009, I had just finished playing a game of Disk Golf. I called Jenny Jen to see what she was up to and how work was going. Turns out her contractions were really bad and she was about to go to the hospital. I finished up some stuff at work, and after picking up the boys from school at 3:17 pm and dropping them off at their dad's house, I went to the hospital. Once there I found Jenny Jen (my wife) and Jen (Jen's coworker) in the delivery room. Jen took off after they gave the soon to be mommy a shot (I was waiting out of the room). I then came in the room and we waited for the little one to come out. If you want all the gory details you should ask the Mommy, Daddy was focusing on the computer screen so he wouldn't fall out of his chair.

So lets fast forward to the good part...... She pooped (spelling correct) out. She is just perfect. The little baby has everything, a head, body, five fingers, and one foot (oh wait, there is another one), I mean two feet. Yeah, it is all there. Little baby girl weighed 8 lbs 10 oz. She was born at exactly 8:41 pm, 21 inches long (that is huge if you compare that to the normal size fish the boys have been catching), and lets not forget her head was 12 inches around (plenty of room for the brain she inherited). In the end labor was about three hours long, I think someone said mommy only had to push 6 times.

Some of you may notice that baby girl has yet to be named. I have been calling her Haylee, mostly because she has a note above her plastic box with Dr. Hurley's name on it (close enough right). She has no name because we can't come up with anything every one loves, side note, Jen hasn't picked one yet. Through all this I have decided that if men were responsible for the naming of all children this world would be full of Adams and Eves. So much easier.

Now for the photos and videos. Please direct all questions and comments to Mommy (previously known as Jenny Jen). Daddy was focusing on trying to not focus.

Part 1 of 2

Part 2 of 2

2 comments:

Catlin said...

I love her! She has so much hair! We are so excited for you guys. I already miss Anna being that little and new... Enjoy!

Sarah R. said...

What wonderful videos, Good job you two. We can't wait to see her, I have heard she is very pretty!