Sunday, February 8, 2009

Love and Marriage...but no Internet

"In marriage, each partner is to be an encourager rather than a critic, a forgiver rather than a collector of hurts, an enabler rather than a reformer."
--H. Norman Wright and Gary J. Oliver
It has been forever since I have blogged, I know. But how can you possibly blog when you don't have the internet? I just barely got the internet yesterday morning, so here I am!
  • No Internet=No blogging
  • No Internet=No way to check out wedding pictures, thus no way to post any
  • No Internet=No sanity for Jen
Oh, alright. The last one is not true. I have my sanity. Do not worry about that. I just got married and I am happier than ever! Our new little family is thriving, although I am having a hard time getting used to having a baby again...that baby would be Kyia, the little dog. I am just not used to having to look down to ground level so as not to step on her. Sad for the dog, but I can't complain. I love being married.


The wedding was great! Kary and I agree that it was so much more relaxed than our first weddings. Uncle Bob and Aunt Joni were great hosts for the event and Joni, Rachel, Mackenzie and Andrew made wonderful refreshments! Everything was perfect. My second dad, Bishop Jesse Judd, performed the ceremony on the deck in the backyard at dusk. We had many family and friends in attendance. The weather was not typical for a January evening, warmer in fact. The boys were the ring bearers, even if they were holding them in their shirt pockets. After the ceremony, hugs and well wishes, it was into the house for the Hot Chocolate Bar, fruit kabobs, little smokies, meatballs, chicken salad sandwiches, salsa and chips, artichoke dip, tortellini and sausage kabobs, and many other yummy foods. The company was amazing! My parents were able to meet my adopted family, the Judds, as well as my brother of 10+ years, Ben. I was able to meet some of Kary's friends for the first time, and Bob and Joni were able to put faces with names of people Kary and I had invited. Again, it was a marvelous evening.

Here is a funny story...when my Bishop arrived at Bob and Joni's, he asked if we had our marriage license. I told him where it was. After we took our pictures, I made sure that he had located the license. He said he had. So, imagine my surprise when, after everyone had departed the get-together, I look in the envelope with the marriage license paperwork in it and find that NONE of the paperwork had been filled in! So, I texted Debbie Judd, Bishop Judd's wife, something along the lines of: "So, um, the Bishop didn't fill out our paperwork. Are we even legal?" She replied: "Um, no. Just kidding. Swing by real quick and he will fill it out." Phew! We drove over and walked in to the laughter of my friend, Bishop Judd's daughter, Molly, laughing at my previously sent text. In the end, it gave everyone a good laugh.

I have not had a chance to download the pictures from the wedding yet, but here are two links to the pictures taken.

This is the link for the pictures that my friend's brother, Shaun, took. And this is the link for the pictures that my friend Molly, took. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Cait and Scott said...

What a cute family. Ah..I am still sad that I could not be there. I totally miss you girl. Do you check your email often, cause I was thinking that I am going to start emailing you to say hi also. But love ya girl, you are the best!

Nikki Nelson said...

I love the pic's! It looks like a good time! I'm so happy for you both. Thanks for having Kary give me your blog... I like details... like any girl does. I hope to meet you the next time I'm in town. I'll try to meet up with you guys anyway. CONGRATS!!!!
~NN