Friday, February 19, 2010

Playing Catch Up

Time and Tide wait for no man, but time always stands still for a woman of thirty.
- Robert Frost
I have officially decided that I am a terrible blogger...well maybe just lacking in consistency. I hate making "New Year's Resolutions", as I feel that I would like to make continual change and progress through out the year. So, I cannot guarantee that I will be any better, but hopefully you will be able to be surprised by a post or two every now and then =).

A ton has transpired since I blogged last--Kary submitted his paperwork to the state to get his license, I got laid off from my job (NOT a bummer), Christmas, New Year's, my big 3-0, and a new job for me! The boys have been doing well in school and Noah is thoroughly enjoying Junior Jazz Basketball. Brynley is almost 5 months old and growing like a weed! I forgot how fast they lose the "newborn-ness"!

Here are some of Brynley's growth stats:
October 7, 2009: 8 lbs 10 oz, 21" long
Two Month Check-up: 12 lbs 15 oz, 24" long
Four Month Check-up: 15 lbs 10 oz, 26" long

Brynley loves to smile, pet or kick Kyia (surprisingly, Kyia doesn't mind it), roll over from back to front, take baths (she NEVER cries), go swimming (while Daddy holds her), suck on the first two fingers on her LEFT hand, chill out in her bouncy chair, suck on spoons, talk, and wiggle. Brynley has brought such joy to our family. Noah and Blake adore her--they are always advocating for her to make sure that we know what she needs.

As for my new job, I am working for a company that provides emergency medical transportion on fixed-wing aircraft. I now have great health insurance for my family (I feel safe now), as well as other benefits. The company is family-owned and operated, with the help of many other talented people. I feel blessed to have been given the opportunity to learn and grow (I will be trained as an EMT this summer as part of my training), and be able help provide for our family. I miss the time away from my family, but Kary and I feel that this is a necessary adventure in our lives, and I have felt as though a huge burden has been lifted.

3 comments:

Susan G. said...

what license i kary getting?

Nikki Nelson said...

Wow! A lot has transpired! I love the way you seem to just love life. I just get that feeling from your posts... that you're so optimistic! I really need to meet you.
I can't believe that your baby girl is 5 months old already! Did Kary get the license? What's the license for? It seems that your new job is going to be a good experience, and will help you grow personally... being trained as an EMT and all. I think that's AWESOME! I love the medical field though. Glad your boys are doing good in school.
Tell Kary 'hi' for me. I'm planning on being in UT in May sometime, so maybe we can all hook up and I can finally meet you and the family.
~Nikki

Kimberlee said...

Hey no worries! I don't know what I would blog about if I weren't pregnant so I think you are doing great!